Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn

At least 40 patients mistakenly received unsterilized, “simulated” intravanous fluids — meant for training only — instead of the sterile saline solution normally given to people in the hospital, health officials said Wednesday.

Many of the patients became ill and one died, although doctors aren’t sure that the unsterilized solution caused the death, according to the Food and Drug Administration. An unspecified number of patients were hospitalized. Many developed fevers, chills, tremors and headaches almost immediately.

Read More.