For the past 45 years, my law firm has been privileged to represent clients who were seriously injured in cases involving medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, workers’ compensation, unsafe and defective products, and medications.
My vast trial experience has taught me that the most successful results are often reached before we enter the courthouse through meticulous investigation, comprehensive research, and diligent preparation. Our clients come from all walks of life.
Our firm emphasizes patient and worker safety, protection, and education. Our mission is to make medicine and the workplace safer, prevent injuries, hold wrongdoers accountable, and obtain fair and just compensation for the injured. We seek to improve the quality and level of patient care for everyone and reduce the number of negligent medical errors by advocating for patient health and safety.
I am Board Certified and Re-Certified in Medical Professional Liability by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and am a Diplomat of this prestigious association. I have received an “AV Preeminent” peer review rating, the highest rating available, from Martindale-Hubbell. I have been selected to Super Lawyers from inception 2008 through 2023 and Selected Ten Leaders Civil Litigation Long Island.
I am proud to announce that my Law Firm has joined with the prestigious Law Firm of Duffy & Duffy, 1370 RX R Plaza, Uniondale, NY 11556, a top-rated plaintiffs’ medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, and personal injury law firm achieving a record of unparalleled success. Together we have a combined proven track record of over 70 years of experience in the practice of personal injury law.
I am Of Counsel to the Duffy law firm and will be working with their highly skilled team of lawyers and professionals and utilize their vast resources to continue to zealously represent our clients in the most efficient manner to achieve the best possible outcomes while maintaining the highest level of personal service, trust and confidence that our clients have come to expect.
- Bronx, New York, 1952
- University of Miami, B.B.A., 1973; New York Law School, J.D., 1977
- Medical & Professional Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Unsafe Products & Medications
- Business Torts
- Worker’s Compensation
- Nassau County Bar Association (Past Board member)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Board Member New York State Trial Lawyers Association (also past President, Long Island affiliate of NYSTLA)
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers
- Board of Trustees-New York Law School (Past Member)
- Current Member Emeritus Board of Trustees, New York Law School
- Board Certified and Recertified in Professional Medical Liability by American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- 1978, New York State Appellate Division Second Judicial Department
- 1978 U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 1985, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Past President of Long Island Chapter and Member of Board of Directors New York State Trial Lawyers Association and Member since 1978
- Member of American Association for Justice (AAJ) since 1978
- Past Member Board of Directors Nassau County Bar Association (NCBA)
- Past Chairperson – Medical Legal Committee (NCBA);
- Recognized in the New York Times as one of Long Island’s Ten Leaders in Civil Trial Law
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers 2008-2023
- Lecturer and Speaker for NYSBA; NCBA; NYSTLA
- Member – Grievance Committee (NCBA); Past Vice-Chair Supreme Court Committee(NCBA)
- Founding partner The Law Firm of Alan W. Clark and Associates, LLC,
Of Counsel to Duffy & Duffy, PLLC, 1370 RXR Plaza, Uniondale, NY 11556
- Have authored published Articles on various Medical-Legal topics available on Website