Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn

An Orem family is mourning the death of their young daughter after she was strangled by cords on window blinds last week.

One Utah mother in Plain City knows all too well what this family is going through.

“It puts me back into the day it happened to us,” Leslie Wentz said. “You feel for the family. You know exactly what they’re going through.”

Wentz wants families to know just how deadly this common household item can be, and she’s pushing for change. She now sits on the board of the nonprofit organization Parents for Window Blind Safety.

Wentz lost her daughter Abbigale in September 2006. The 18-month-old was rambunctious and got into everything like any toddler would, Wentz said. She died at day care.

Click here to read more.